Do I need to pay income taxes in the US on payments I receive through Higlobe?

  • Updated


In most cases, no, as you're not a citizen of the USA and you are not receiving services from the US government.

While Higlobe does not report transactional activity to U.S. or foreign tax authorities, many U.S.-based companies do. Under certain circumstances, this may trigger an obligation to file and/or pay taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or your local tax authority. 

Please be aware that this information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice and may not apply to your particular situation. You are responsible for determining your own tax reporting and payment obligations, and accordingly, we strongly recommend that you consult with a qualified tax professional regarding your tax obligations - Higlobe disclaims any responsibility for any decisions you make regarding your tax reporting and payment obligations based on the above information and in general.   


Learn more about this in our section on taxes.

Was this article helpful?

9 out of 10 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.